Production Capacity & Facilities
Qanbar Ready Mix operates seven (7) ready mix plants for static locations and 5 mobile plants on site based projects. A total of seventeen (17) computerized batch plants sites covering the following locations:
- Dammam, Eastern Province – Two batch plants
- Dammam 2nd Industrial City, Eastern Province - Two batch plants
- Jubail Industrial City, Eastern Province-Three batch plants
- Ras Alkhair, Eastern Province – Two batch plants
- Hofuf, Eastern Province – Two batch plants
- Riyadh, Central Province – Two batch plants
- Rabigh, Western Province – Two batch plants
- Jazan Refinery & JEC, Western Province – Two batch plants
- Al Marjan
In recent years, the company erected several batch plants on major projects that required site based operations capable of supplying large quantities of concrete with high performance criteria.
Quality Assurance & Quality Control
We are committed to meet prevailing local and international standards while maintaining the quality of our products and services in accordance with our ISO 9001 Quality Assurance Scheme.
Quality and Service
Dedicated to quality and reliability, it is the stated policy of Qanbar Ready Mix to maintain the highest standards at each of the company’s production facilities.
All operations are subject to regular quality audit through our ISO 9001 Quality Assurance program monitored by Bureau Veritas.
- Quality Assurance to ISO 9001 is maintained by our QA Engineers with qualified in-house auditors overseen by regular Bureau Veritas.
- Quality control is monitored by qualified engineers supported by a team of concrete technicians
- Research and development anticipates future customer demands, evaluating alternatives including recycled materials.
Technical Department Structure
The Technical Department is led by Operations and Technical Manager supported by a Quality Control Manager. In addition, each of our production facilities has:
- A BSc qualified Quality Control Engineer, a Senior QC Technical and skilled support stuff.
- Fully equipped independent laboratory to test raw materials, fresh and hardened concrete.
- Access to our central laboratory for research and development projects.
All Qanbar Ready Mix facilities have an onsite laboratory capable of performing standard tests on incoming raw materials, fresh concrete, field concrete and compressive strength. Trial mixers are conducted either in laboratory or plant conditions by qualified QC staff.
Our laboratories maintain recodes of raw material testing, plant & equipment calibrations, and fresh & hardened concrete tests. This enables rapid response to any technical or certification query and mix design request.
Concrete strengths are monitored using statistical computer programs to track 7 and 28 day strengths, standard deviation and cement content safety margins. In-house CUSUM programs are used to determine the cement content of designed mixes in accordance with ASTM, BS, DIN, and SASO standard requirements guided by ACI.
All material weighing, dispensing and measuring equipment is checked in house and calibrated by an independent third party laboratory at regular intervals.
Aggregates and water are tested on a monthly basis either in house or independently to meet specified requirements.
Monthly/Weekly tests conducted are:
- Sieve analysis
- Material finer than # 200 sieve
- Moisture content
- Specific gravity & absorption
- Clay lumps & friable particles
- Los Angeles abrasion
- Magnesium sulfate soundness
- Acid soluble sulfate
- Acid soluble chloride
- Flakiness & elongation index
Cement & Admixtures
Cement is locally produced to ASTM C150 Standard Specification for Portland cement. The cement manufacturer supplies a mill certificate on a regular basis which includes all physical and chemical tests required for Type I (OPC), Type V (OPS).
Admixtures are produced to ASTM C494 Standard Specification for Chemical Admixture for Concrete Technical data and MSDS safety sheets are available for all admixtures in use, updated at regular intervals.
Mix Designs are established using existing data to meet new requirement. Trial mixes are carried out to establish performance and to confirm compliance with customer specifications. Mix designs are also developed to comply with specifications and in accordance with any necessary international standard such as ACI, ASTM, BC or DIN.
QRM has mix designs to meet the requirements of major organizations such as Saudi Aramco, Royal Commission, SABIC and SCECO. Special mix designs have also been developed for use in unique environments such as underwater construction, mass concrete and slip formed structure.
Slump, Temperature, air content and density tests are carried out for every 100mᵌ of concrete produced. Compressive strength cylinders are also made and tested for every 100mᵌ of concrete produced one test comprises four cylinders. Cylinders are stored in temperature controlled water tanks and are tested using a calibrated computer controlled compressive strength machine.
Concrete strength is continually evaluated using a CUSUM program. Calculations include average 7 and 28-day strength, standard deviation and cement safety margin over minimum strength requirements.
Non – Compliance Constituent Materials
In the event of a material not conforming to specified requirements this material will be isolated from use and an investigation will be made with remedial action to ensure compliance.
Health & Safety
Health & Safety and Environmental awareness is an integral part of all QRM operations. It is every employee’s responsibility to comply with regulations and to help enhance our performance.
Our Goal is Zero Accidents
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
- To provide a pollution free work environment.
- To provide risk assessments, task training and best working practice.
- To provide ongoing training to ensure that employees are part of the H & S process.
- To maintain a safe and healthy work place, maintaining plant and equipment and ensuring safe storage materials.
- To promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- To promote efficient use of material and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- To control the use of hazardous materials and products and to seek substitutes where possible to take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored or disposed of.
- To develop and maintain an appropriate emergency and spill response programs, to implement emergency procedures – evacuation in case of fire or other significant incident.
- Our health & Safety and Environmental policies are maintained by team of safety professionals approved to Aramco standards through guidance manuals, directives and continuous tool box talk training.
Concrete is the most utilized man made building material in the world. Twice as much concrete is used around the world than other construction materials such as steel, wood, aluminum and plastics.
The material of choice given its superior properties of strength, durability and cost, concrete has many important properties relevant to sustainable construction:
- Strength & Durability
- Low Maintenance
- Fire Resistance
- Insulation Properties
- Locally Produced and Used
- Reflective Qualities
- Low Life Cycle Carbon Dioxide Emissions
During the life of a concrete building, 80% of the carbon dioxide emissions are generated not by the production of the materials used in its construction, but by electric utilities such as lighting, heating and air-conditioning.
Well-designed concrete buildings effectively balance the three dimensions of sustainability; Social, Environmental and Economic. As an inert material, concrete creates a healthy, low allergenic indoor environment, while its sound proofing properties provide a quiet living space.
The efficient thermal performance of a concrete intensive building reduces energy demand, making the structure more economical to heat and cool, delivering significant Greenhouse Gas Reduction.
Awards & Approvals
- Aramco Vendor Certificate
- ISO Certificate
- Tecnicas Reunidas Saudia For Services & Contracting Appreciations Certificate.
- Hyundai Arabia Company Appreciations Certificate.
- Saudi Services for Electro Mechanic Works Co Appreciations Certificate.