Qanbar

Corporate History

Abdulrazzak Qanbar Al Ansari & Sons a family owned company was founded in 1945 by Sheik Mohammed Qanbar Al Ansari. The Ready Mix concrete business was developed from the family's Precast company Qanbar Dywidag in 1980. The first plant was opened in Jubail on a site adjacent to the Precast factory, this was one of the original Ready Mix operations in the Eastern Province.

The Ready Mix interests grew in 1988 through a Joint Venture with a UK based company Steetley Plc. Qanbar Steetley continues to trade today with the French JV partner Lafarge in Dammam, Hofuf and Jeddah. Abdulrazzak Qanbar Al Ansari & Sons continued to expand its own ready mix operations opening plants in Dammam, Al Khobar and Riyadh in the 1990s.

During the last three years the company has developed it business further by supporting major infrastructure projects, setting up large onsite batching plant operations. It is recognized as the premier supplier to many international contractors on these technically demanding projects.

Projects of note include Satorp, Wasit Gas Terminal and Sadara Oil Refinery for Saudi Aramco contractors. It also supplies a number of large projects for The Royal Commission and SABIC.

Qanbar Ready Mix has continued to increase its fleet of Truck Mixers, Concrete Pumps and Mobile plants making it one of the largest operators in the Eastern Province.

In 2010 the company improved its quality processes receiving certification under
ISO 9001:2008. Seeking to continually improve the performance of the business a companywide Business Enterprise System was installed in 2013.

In 2012 the corporate structure changed to reflect the growth of the organization, all businesses now operate under the Al Ansari Holding Co with the Ready Mix business becoming a separate legal entity, Qanbar Ready Mix Co.